Thursday 3 March 2011

My Horizontal life by Chelsea Handler

Another book that I should have left alone. Clearly there is a wit in there but this collection of one night stands had nothing to offer. I found them dull and honestly boring. Her early life at home is funny but she lost it with the one night stands.
For example. She has a black boyfriend so after its over she has to get another black guy. OK, she drinks non stop and he is a tea totaler, nothing funny there, takes him home and realises he has a huge dick that she will not accomodate so they "make out" a bit and then sleep in her bed only to be woken up by her dad who came home early and the boyfriend has to make his escape out of the window. You see how dull I made it? Well at least you did not have to pay me to read this crap. For such a provocative book, it is sooooo straight and innocent and naive and dull. How the fuck did it make it to the NY times best seller list?

Honestly, I had to stop reading half way through. I just hope that it got better in the second half.

No comments: