Thursday 3 March 2011

I remember nothing by Nora Ephron

She is the writter of "Sleepless in Seattle", "Harry met Sally" and "Sylkwood" so I thought, why not, let's read it and I did... mistake. Had I paid the $22 asking price rather then borrowing this book then I would be asking for my money back. It was too fluffy and wishy washy with no real substance to it. Apparently she writes blog posts for the Huffington post and this book seems to be a collections of blog posts with a couple of longer autobiographical pieces.

I think part of the reason for this book, apart from an easy $22, was that something made her realise her own mortality so the beggining and the end of the book are about being old, people dropping off, lists and some pet hates. It is a shame she did not continue talking about her career as a journalist other then to say how great things were in those days but avoid discussing todays environment in more detail other then a couple of off the cuff comments that apparently contradict some stuff she has written.

Anyway, altogether a disspointing read so glad it was only 137 pages with lots of white space and it only wasted a few hours.

No comments: